jl

jl

Friday 24 December 2021

Our Adventures with the Challenger

Finally, after a long time in preparation, my first novella is published. Our Adventures With The Challenger is a series of short stories all interconnected into a greater narrative. Originally appearing on Schlock.co.uk, these stories tell the tale of a pair of twin sisters who embark on a major adventure, meeting the titular character along the way.

The Challenger is a character I invented when I was much younger. I am grateful to re-visit. I was hesitant at first to publish on Amazon, particularly with my pro-labour political views. It was one of my only options for producing a quality book (there are some veiled criticisms within the story of such companies). There are more projects I have in the works which I will likely take the traditional route for publishing. 

Please order your copy today here if you are Canadian, also available in other countries on their respective sites. The book is satire/fantasy, a sort of humorous look at typical fantasy tropes, but the story has heart as well, or so I hope it does. Thank you!



I am Flora, daughter of Flora, and this is the tale of an adventure. My twin sister, Fauna, has for years yearned to leave the city walls and engage in a great quest of sorts. Now that we are both of age her wanderlust can no longer be satiated. And so we have left the comfort of our city, equipped with items and weaponry to keep us safe, much of it donated by Mother.

We travel upon the open road that leads far from our home. Deciding to retire for the night, we head to the local inn in the first village we come across. There at the tavern we meet a woodland ranger who gives his name only as ‘The Challenger’. The ranger seems to have a mysterious past and he claims to be neutral and chaotic, a far cry from our youthful idealism, but he appears to know the surrounding wilderness lands.

Us sisters and the Challenger assemble at dawn and we part from the village, ready to explore the countryside and find a worthy quest. Into this world full of friends and foes alike we journey onward, through forest and field, over hill and mountain. Where will these rustic roads and twisting trails take us? Read within these pages the tale of Our Adventures With The Challenger.





No comments:

Post a Comment